Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 15. Elections
- Chapter 45. Initiative, Referendum, and Recall
- Section 500. Form of Application.
previous: Section 490
. Time of Filing Application.
next: Section 510
. Grounds For Recall.
AS 15.45.500. Form of Application.
The application must include
- (1) the name and office of the person to be recalled;
- (2) the grounds for recall described in particular in not more than 200 words;
- (3) the printed name, the signature, the address, and a numerical identifier of qualified voters equal in number
to 10 percent of those who voted in the preceding general election in the state or in the senate or house district of the official
sought to be recalled, 100 of whom will serve as sponsors; each signature page must include a statement that the qualified voters signed
the application with the name and office of the person to be recalled and the statement of grounds for recall attached; and
- (4) the designation of a recall committee consisting of three of the qualified voters who subscribed to the
application and shall represent all sponsors and subscribers in matters relating to the recall; the designation must include the name,
mailing address, and signature of each committee member.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.