Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 15. Elections
- Chapter 45. Initiative, Referendum, and Recall
- Section 140. Filing of Petition.
previous: Section 130
. Certification of Circulator.
next: Section 150
. Review of Petition.
AS 15.45.140. Filing of Petition.
- (a) The sponsors must file the initiative petition within one year from the time the sponsors received notice from the
lieutenant governor that the petitions were ready for delivery to them. The petition may be filed with the lieutenant
governor only if it meets all of the following requirements: it is signed by qualified voters
- (1) equal in number to 10 percent of those who voted in the preceding general election;
- (2) resident in at least three-fourths of the house districts of the state; and
- (3) who, in each of the house districts described in (2) of this subsection, are equal in number to at least seven percent
of those who voted in the preceding general election in the house district.
- (b) If the petition is not filed within the one-year period provided for in (a) of this section, the petition has no force
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.