Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 15. Elections
- Chapter 45. Initiative, Referendum, and Recall
- Section 110. Circulation of Petition; Prohibitions and Penalty.
previous: Section 105
. Qualifications of Circulator.
next: Section 120
. Manner of Signing and Withdrawing Name From Petition.
AS 15.45.110. Circulation of Petition; Prohibitions and Penalty.
- (a) The petitions may be circulated throughout the state only in person.
- (b) [Repealed, Sec. 92 ch 82 SLA 2000].
- (c) A circulator may not receive payment or agree to receive payment that is greater than $1 a signature, and a person or
an organization may not pay or agree to pay an amount that is greater than $1 a signature, for the collection of
signatures on a petition.
- (d) A person or organization may not knowingly pay, offer to pay, or cause to be paid money or other valuable thing to a
person to sign or refrain from signing a petition.
- (e) A person or organization that violates (c) or (d) of this section is guilty of a class B misdemeanor.
- (f) In this section,
- (1) "organization" has the meaning given in AS 11.81.900
- (2) "other valuable thing" has the meaning given in AS 15.56.030
- (3) "person" has the meaning given in AS 11.81.900
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.