Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 15. Elections
- Chapter 20. Special Procedures For Elections
- Section 66. Absentee Voting By Electronic Transmission.
previous: Section 64
. Early Voting.
next: Section 70
. Application For Ballot By Mail. [Repealed, Sec. 231 Ch 100 SLA 1980. For Current Law, See AS 15.20.081
AS 15.20.066. Absentee Voting By Electronic Transmission.
- (a) The director shall adopt regulations applicable to the delivery of absentee ballots by electronic transmission in a
state election and to the use of electronic transmission absentee voting in a state election by qualified voters. The
- (1) require the voter to comply with the same time deadlines as for voting in person on or before the closing hour of the
- (2) ensure the accuracy and, to the greatest degree possible, the integrity and secrecy of the ballot process.
- (b) An absentee ballot that is completed and returned by the voter by electronic transmission must
- (1) contain the following statement: "I understand that, by using electronic transmission to return my marked ballot, I am
voluntarily waiving a portion of my right to a secret ballot to the extent necessary to process my ballot, but expect
that my vote will be held as confidential as possible," followed by the voter's signature and date of signature; and
- (2) be accompanied by a statement executed under oath as to the voter's identity; the statement under oath must be
- (A) a commissioned or noncommissioned officer of the armed forces of the United States;
- (B) an official authorized by federal law or the law of the state in which the absentee ballot is cast to administer an
- (C) an individual who is 18 years of age or older.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.