Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 15. Elections
- Chapter 5. Qualification of Voters
- Section 14. Procedures in Presidential Elections.
previous: Section 12
. Voter Qualification For Presidential Election.
next: Section 16
. Fee Prohibited. [Repealed, Sec. 43 Ch 85 SLA 1988].
AS 15.05.014. Procedures in Presidential Elections.
In accordance with the Voting Rights Act of 1965 (P.L. 89-110; 79 Stat. 437; 42 U.S.C. 1973 et seq.), as amended, the
following procedures apply to elections for the office of President and Vice-President of the United States:
- (1) registration and absentee voting procedures, except as otherwise provided in this section, shall be identical to the
procedures established in this title;
- (2) registration of otherwise qualified persons shall be permitted without regard to a durational residency requirement;
- (3) if any citizen who is otherwise qualified to vote in the state for president and vice-president has begun residence in
another state after the 30th day preceding the election and, for that reason, does not satisfy the registration
requirements of that state, that person shall be allowed to vote for president and vice-president either in person in
the precinct in which the person resided immediately before removal, or by absentee ballot as provided in AS 15.20.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.