Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 60. General Provisions
- Section 10. Definitions.
previous: Chapter 60
. General Provisions
next: Title 15
AS 14.60.010. Definitions.
In this title, unless the context otherwise requires
- (1) "attendance area" means the geographic area designated by the department to be served by a school;
- (2) "board" means the state Board of Education and Early Development;
- (3) "commissioner" means the commissioner of education and early development;
- (4) "department" means the Department of Education and Early Development;
- (5) "governing body" means the school board of a borough or city school district or a regional educational attendance
- (6) "public schools" include elementary schools, high schools, citizenship night schools for adults, and other public
educational institutions that may be established;
- (7) "regional educational attendance area" means an educational service area in the unorganized borough which may or may
not include a military reservation, and that contains one or more public schools of grade levels K-12 or any portion of
those grade levels that are to be operated under the management and control of a single regional school board;
- (8) "school board" means the school board of a borough or city school district or a regional educational attendance area.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.