Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 45. Private and Denominational Schools
- Section 120. Standardized Testing Requirements.
previous: Section 110
. Requirements of Exempt Schools.
next: Section 130
AS 14.45.120. Standardized Testing Requirements.
- (a) A religious or other private school that elects to comply with AS 14.45.100 - 14.45.130 shall administer a nationally standardized test
selected by the chief administrative officer of the school to all students enrolled in grades four, six, and eight at
least once each school year.
- (b) The nationally standardized test must measure achievement in English grammar, reading, spelling, and mathematics.
- (c) A religious or other private school that elects to comply with AS 14.45.100 - 14.45.130 shall maintain records of the results of the
nationally standardized tests and the records shall be made available to the parent or guardian of the student. Each
school shall make composite test results for the school available annually to an authorized representative of the
department. The composite test results of a religious or other private school operated in compliance with AS 14.45.100
- 14.45.130 are not public information unless each
- (1) is also required to administer a nationally standardized test that measures achievement in English grammar, reading,
spelling, and mathematics; and
- (2) the composite test results for each public school are public information.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.