Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 43. Financial Aid Programs For Postsecondary Students
- Section 165. Interest.
previous: Section 164
. Use of Loan.
next: Section 166
. Repayment of Loans.
AS 14.43.165. Interest.
- (a) The corporation shall set the rate of interest on a loan made under AS 14.43.161
- 14.43.168 in accordance with federal and state law.
Interest on a loan made under AS 14.43.l61 - 14.43.168 may not exceed the rate specified by the
applicable provisions of the federal guaranteed student loan program. Interest on a loan made under AS 14.43.161 - 14.43.168 accrues from the time that the loan is
- (b) A borrower may elect to make payments of interest that is payable during the borrower's term of attendance at the
postsecondary institution or during certain deferment periods authorized by the commission; however, the commission
shall capitalize any unpaid interest as part of the principal to be repaid as agreed, or upon graduation, withdrawal,
or completion of the deferment period.
- (c) Notwithstanding the provisions of (b) of this section, if a borrower qualifies for a subsidized loan under the federal
guaranteed student loan program, the interest on the loan is paid by the federal government during the borrower's term
of attendance and any qualifying deferment and grace periods authorized under the loan.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.