Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 42. Postsecondary Education
- Section 205. Supplemental Education Loans: Financing Program.
previous: Section 200
. General Powers.
next: Section 210
. Education Loan Fund and Program Administration.
AS 14.42.205. Supplemental Education Loans: Financing Program.
- (a) The purpose of this section is to provide for supplemental education loan program financing to assist qualified
borrowers in meeting postsecondary education costs for which federal and private financial aid may be insufficient.
- (b) The corporation may develop and establish a financing program for the Alaska supplemental education loan program
administered by the commission under AS 14.43.170
- (c) The financing program established under (b) of this section
- (1) shall
- (A) provide that loans under the Alaska supplemental education loan program are
- (i) medium-range and long-range fixed-rate and variable-rate loans; and
- (ii) structured to operate as lines of credit;
- (B) require terms and conditions for loans under the Alaska supplemental education loan program as the corporation
determines are useful and feasible;
- (C) be designed to
- (i) assist postsecondary institutions in this state in attracting and retaining students;
- (ii) maximize the amount of financing available by using private activity tax-exempt bond capacity as may be allocated by
the state; and
- (2) except as limited by (1)(B) of this subsection, may provide for terms and conditions that are more attractive than
prevailing terms and conditions available to students from other supplemental education lenders.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.