Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 40. The University of Alaska, the Community Colleges, and the Alaska Aerospace Development Corporation
- Section 861. Purpose of the Corporation.
previous: Section 860
. Limits On Loans and Grants. [Repealed, Sec. 22 Ch 136 SLA 1974].
next: Section 865
. Conditions of Loans and Grants. [Repealed, Sec. 22 Ch 136 SLA 1974].
AS 14.40.861. Purpose of the Corporation.
The purpose of the corporation is to allow the state to take a lead role in the exploration and development of space,
to enhance human and economic development, and to provide a unified direction
- (1) for space-related economic growth thereby ensuring a stable and dynamic research and business climate by attracting
space-related businesses to locate within and utilize the opportunities provided in the state;
- (2) for space-related educational and research development by encouraging and assisting the University of Alaska in
developing space-related programs, research, and courses of instruction and to assist the University of Alaska as a
member of the Space Grant State Consortia under 42 U.S.C. 2486 (National Space Grant College and Fellowship Program);
- (3) to promote the continued utilization of the Poker Flat Research Range as a launch site for launch vehicles and for
scientific research both from ground based and rocket or balloon based instrumentation;
- (4) to recognize the importance and benefits of and to promote and encourage the continued utilization of Poker Flat
Research Range for the University of Alaska's polar research efforts;
- (5) for promotion of space-related tourism activities at Poker Flat Research Range and other space-related facilities or
centers that may be utilized or established by the corporation; and
- (6) for development of a state strategy for and to implement the acceleration of space-related economic growth and
educational and research development in the state by the use of innovative development methods designed to stimulate
space-related business and educational and research development and improve the entrepreneurial atmosphere in the
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.