Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 40. The University of Alaska, the Community Colleges, and the Alaska Aerospace Development Corporation
- Section 846. Insurance Coverage; Safety Program.
previous: Section 845
. [Renumbered as AS 14.43.325
next: Section 849
. Definitions. [Repealed, Sec. 2 Ch 98 SLA 1971].
AS 14.40.846. Insurance Coverage; Safety Program.
- (a) The corporation may engage actuarial experts and shall develop probability models to indicate the degree of potential
harm to the public and private enterprise from the corporation's activities.
- (b) The corporation shall, to the extent available and consistent with federal requirements, secure insurance coverage
within reasonable limits for liability that may arise as a consequence of its activities and the activities of its
officers and employees and to insure its buildings, structures, and other facilities against loss.
- (c) The corporation shall establish a safety program that includes
- (1) the development and implementation of a loss prevention program consisting of a comprehensive corporation wide safety
program, including a statement by the board, of safety policy and responsibility and regulations implementing it;
- (2) provision for regular and periodic facility and equipment inspections;
- (3) investigation of job-related accidents and other accidents occurring on the premises of the corporation or within
areas of its jurisdiction;
- (4) the establishment of a program to promote increased safety awareness among employees, agents, and subcontractors of
- (5) the study of safety operations at other space-related facilities in the United States;
- (6) all federal and state safety and emergency facility requirements for commercial space facilities.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.