Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 40. The University of Alaska, the Community Colleges, and the Alaska Aerospace Development Corporation
- Section 630. Definitions.
previous: Section 620
. Savings Clause.
next: Section 640
. Short Title.
AS 14.40.630. Definitions.
In AS 14.40.560
- 14.40.640, unless the context otherwise requires,
- (1) "board of regents" or "board" means the Board of Regents of the University of Alaska;
- (2) "community college" means a program of education established by the University of Alaska in cooperation with qualified
school districts or qualified political subdivisions of the state, including both academic degree and nondegree
- (3) "qualified school district" or "qualified political subdivision" means a school district or political subdivision
organized under the laws of the state, or a group of two or more contiguous school districts or political subdivisions
of the state, or a combination of each, which combination, considered as a unit, meets the following minimum
requirements for the establishment of a community college:
- (A) makes application to the Board of Regents of the University of Alaska for participation in the community college
- (B) satisfies educational standards of the University of Alaska according to criteria established by the Board of Regents;
- (C) has had an average daily membership during the previous school year of at least 75 high school students, grades 9-12;
- (D) has established to the satisfaction of the Board of Regents the practical need for a community college within the
district or political subdivision; and
- (E) makes arrangements for defraying its proper share of the costs of the operation and maintenance of a community
college, as provided by the terms of AS 14.40.560
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.