Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 40. The University of Alaska, the Community Colleges, and the Alaska Aerospace Development Corporation
- Section 570. Authority of Board.
previous: Section 560
. Authority to Cooperate.
next: Section 580
. Use of Joint Facilities.
AS 14.40.570. Authority of Board.
- (a) Since academic education beyond the high school level is a statewide responsibility, the board, in its discretion and
as the need arises, may cooperate with the federal government and qualified school districts and political subdivisions
in the establishment of appropriate higher educational programs and activities. The board is responsible for the
selection of all community college instructors, part and full-time, for the academic degree programs and activities,
and shall pay all instructional and administrative costs, including cost of special equipment and instructional
materials, for academic degree programs and activities offered.
- (b) Selected upper division and graduate level courses of instruction, offered by the university through its off-campus
instructional program to meet local needs, may be coordinated through the office of the director of a community
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.