Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 40. The University of Alaska, the Community Colleges, and the Alaska Aerospace Development Corporation
- Section 366. Management Requirements For University Land.
previous: Section 365
. University Land Grant.
next: Section 367
. Confidential Records.
AS 14.40.366. Management Requirements For University Land.
- (a) Before the conveyance or the disposal of an interest in the land to a third party, land conveyed to the
Board of Regents in trust for the University of Alaska under AS 14.40.365 shall be managed in a manner that, to the extent practicable,
permits reasonable activities of the public, including historic recent public uses, that do not interfere with the use or management of
the land by the university.
- (b) For land conveyed to the Board of Regents in trust for the University of Alaska under AS 14.40.365 , the Board of Regents shall
- (1) seek public comment on proposals for land development, exchange, or sale; and
- (2) adopt policies that require the preparation of land development plans and land disposal plans.
- (c) Before the Board of Regents of the University of Alaska offers a parcel of land for sale under this section,
the board shall offer first refusal to the closest municipality.
- (d) The Board of Regents shall adopt policies requiring public notice before approval of land development plans
and land disposal plans. The policies must require that the notice be provided not less than 30 days before the proposed action and that
the notice be
- (1) sent to local legislators, municipalities, and legislative information offices in the vicinity of the action
and at other locations as the university may designate;
- (2) published in newspapers of general circulation in the vicinity of the proposed action at least once each week
for two consecutive weeks; and
- (3) published on state and university public notice Internet websites.
- (e) In this section, "development, exchange, or sale" does not include the grant of an easement or right-of-way
or the development of a campus facility.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.