Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 40. The University of Alaska, the Community Colleges, and the Alaska Aerospace Development Corporation
- Section 280. Endowments and Donations.
previous: Section 270
. [Renumbered as AS 14.40.057
next: Section 282
. Endowment For the Physical Sciences.
AS 14.40.280. Endowments and Donations.
- (a) Title to and control or possession of land, personal property, money, and other property that is devised, bequeathed,
or given to the university shall be taken by the university in its corporate capacity acting by and through the Board
of Regents or an authorized agent and shall be entered in the perpetual inventory of the university established in AS
- (b) All monetary gifts, bequests, or endowments that are made to the University of Alaska for the purpose of the separate
endowment trust fund established under AS 14.40.400
shall be deposited into that endowment trust fund.
- (c) Except as provided by (b) of this section, the monetary gifts, bequests, or endowments that are made to the University
of Alaska shall be managed and invested by the Board of Regents. In carrying out its management and investment
responsibilities under this subsection, the Board of Regents has the same power and obligations to carry out duties
with respect to the endowments of the University of Alaska as are provided to and required of the Alaska Retirement Management Board under AS 37.10.220
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.