Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 40. The University of Alaska, the Community Colleges, and the Alaska Aerospace Development Corporation
- Section 254. University Revenue Bonds.
previous: Section 253
. Financing Notice and Approval.
next: Section 255
. Investment of Surplus Money.
AS 14.40.254. University Revenue Bonds.
- (a) Subject to AS 14.40.253
, the board may issue revenue bonds to pay the cost of acquiring, constructing, or equipping a facility that the board
determines is necessary.
- (b) The board may enter into an agreement with a trustee or bond owner for the purpose of securing payment of revenue
bonds issued by the University of Alaska to acquire, construct, or equip a facility that the board determines is
necessary. The agreement may include the fixing and collection of fees, charges, or rentals pledged to secure payment
of the revenue bonds and agreement regarding the use of the proceeds of the revenue bonds.
- (c) The state pledges not to limit or alter rights vested under this section in the University of Alaska to fulfill the
terms of a contract with revenue bond owners.
- (d) The board may pledge revenue received by the University of Alaska as fees, charges, or rentals in order to secure
payment of the revenue bonds. A pledge of revenue received by the University of Alaska is considered a perfected
security interest and is valid and binding from the time the pledge is made. The pledge creates an immediate lien
against property pledged without physical delivery or other act.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.