Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 40. The University of Alaska, the Community Colleges, and the Alaska Aerospace Development Corporation
- Section 251. Default On Tuition, Fees, and Charges.
previous: Section 250
. Regents to Act as Trustees and Administer Money or Property.
next: Section 253
. Financing Notice and Approval.
AS 14.40.251. Default On Tuition, Fees, and Charges.
- (a) For the purposes of this chapter, tuition, a fee, or another charge to an individual by the University of Alaska is in
default after payment has become 180 or more days past due. Upon default, the university may take the individual's
permanent fund dividend under AS 43.23.073.
- (b) The University of Alaska shall notify the individual of the default and the consequences of default imposed under (a)
of this section by mailing a notice to the individual's most recent address provided to the university by the
individual or obtained by the university.
- (c) An individual may appeal a notice of default by filing a statement with the chief finance officer of the University of
Alaska within 30 days after the date of the notice, requesting that the default status be reviewed. AS 44.62 (Administrative Procedure Act) does not apply to the review of
default under this section. Within 40 days after receiving a written request for review, the chief finance officer
shall inform the individual in writing of the decision. The decision of the chief finance officer is a final decision
that may be appealed to the superior court under the Alaska Rules of Appellate Procedure.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.