Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 40. The University of Alaska, the Community Colleges, and the Alaska Aerospace Development Corporation
- Section 130. Qualifications of Regents; Special Provisions Relating to Student Regent.
previous: Section 120
. University Governed By Board of Regents.
next: Section 140
. Term of Office.
AS 14.40.130. Qualifications of Regents; Special Provisions Relating to Student Regent.
- (a) Each regent shall be a citizen of the United States and a resident of the state.
- (b) In addition to satisfying the requirements of (a) of this section, the regent appointed under AS 14.40.150
- (1) be enrolled as a full-time student at the University of Alaska at the time of appointment;
- (2) remain a full-time student while serving.
- (c) Failure of the regent appointed under AS 14.40.150
(b) to remain enrolled as a full-time student at the University of Alaska during the term for which the regent was
appointed results in forfeiture of that office.
- (d) The governor shall appoint a successor from those students appearing upon the list of nominees submitted under AS 14.40.150
(b) within 60 days of a forfeiture or vacancy in the office.
- (e) For purposes of this section, the term "full-time student" is defined as provided in the University of Alaska Academic
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.