Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 40. The University of Alaska, the Community Colleges, and the Alaska Aerospace Development Corporation
- Section 55. Educational Expansion Program.
previous: Section 50
. Discrimination Because of Sex, Color, or Nationality Prohibited.
next: Section 57
. Extension of Compliance Acts.
AS 14.40.055. Educational Expansion Program.
To expand educational and cultural opportunities in the state, to keep pace with the expansion of the state in other
fields, and to provide educational facilities of particular interest to residents of the state, the Board of Regents
- (1) make a study of the principles and applicability of the junior college to the state;
- (2) establish additional extension courses and such other expansion of accredited courses for students as it considers
- (3) provide facilities suitable for carrying out a university program;
- (4) employ personnel;
- (5) procure supplies;
- (6) take all other appropriate measures to carry out the intent and purpose set forth in this section; and
- (7) develop and offer at one or more of the senior college or community college campuses a continuing professional
education program for architects, engineers, building officials, and officers and employees of financial institutions
on alternative energy systems and on energy conservation and solar design and construction methods applicable to the
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.