Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 30. Pupils and Educational Programs For Pupils
- Section 630. Powers and Duties.
previous: Section 620
next: Section 640
. Eligibility For Service.
AS 14.30.630. Powers and Duties.
- (a) The agency may
- (1) receive and expend public and private funds to carry out the purposes of the agency;
- (2) contract with the department and other public or private agencies for the provision of special education or related
- (3) do whatever is necessary to carry out the purposes of AS 14.30.600 - 14.30.660.
- (b) The agency shall
- (1) provide special education services including
- (A) itinerant outreach services to students who are deaf, deaf-blind, mentally retarded, hearing impaired, blind and visually impaired,
orthopedically disabled, health-impaired in other ways, and severely emotionally disturbed, and to students with multiple disabilities;
- (B) special education instructional support and training of local school district special education personnel; and
- (C) other services appropriate to special education needs;
- (2) provide for an annual audit of the agency;
- (3) provide the department with a two-year plan of operation including a description of the services to be offered by the
agency, the method by which the services will be evaluated, information on the number of students and school district
personnel to be served, a schedule of funds available to the agency from all sources, and other information that may be
required by the department by regulation;
- (4) present an annual budget to the department.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.