Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 30. Pupils and Educational Programs For Pupils
- Section 272. Procedural Safeguards.
previous: Section 270
next: Section 274
. Identification of Children With Disabilities.
AS 14.30.272. Procedural Safeguards.
- (a) A school district shall inform the parent of a child with a disability of the right
- (1) to review the child's educational record;
- (2) to review evaluation tests and procedures;
- (3) to refuse to permit evaluation or a change in the child's educational placement;
- (4) to be informed of the results of evaluation;
- (5) to obtain an independent evaluation by choosing a person from a list provided by the school district or by choosing a
person by agreement between the parent and school district;
- (6) to request a due process hearing;
- (7) to appeal a hearing officer's decision; and
- (8) to give consent or deny access to others to the child's educational record.
- (b) The department shall establish, by regulation, impartial procedures for a school district to follow for due process
hearings to comply with requirements necessary to participate in federal grant-in-aid programs, including 20 U.S.C.
1400 - 1487 (Individuals with Disabilities Education Act).
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.