Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 30. Pupils and Educational Programs For Pupils
- Section 194. Mediation.
previous: Section 193
. Due Process Hearing.
next: Section 195
. Hearings. [Repealed, Sec. 41 Ch 67 SLA 2001].
AS 14.30.194. Mediation.
- (a) The department shall, by regulation, establish and implement a voluntary mediation process in conformance with the
requirements of federal law, including 34 C.F.R. 300.506. The department shall encourage the use of mediation for
settlement of disputes under AS 14.30.180 - 14.30.350.
- (b) The department shall
- (1) maintain a list of individuals who are qualified mediators knowledgeable in the federal and state statutes and
regulations relating to the provision of special education and related services; and
- (2) provide for qualification of mediators through a training program that is open to all individuals who meet the
criteria set by the department by regulation.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.