(a) A vision and hearing screening examination shall be given to each child attending school in the state. The examination shall be made when the child enters school or as soon thereafter as is practicable, and at regular intervals specified by regulation by the governing body of the district.
(b) The Department of Health and Social Services shall
(1) set standards for the performance of vision and hearing screening;
(2) train and certify public health nurses and school district employees to conduct hearing and vision screening tests;
(3) assist with referral and follow-up of children needing professional examination or treatment; and
(4) assist with maintenance and repair of screening equipment.
Secs. 14.30.130 — 14.30.140. Readmission of child excluded on account of communicable disease; examination and treatment by municipal health officers. [Repealed, § 59 ch 98 SLA 1966.]
Other Sections in this Chapter:
- Sec. 14.30.010. When attendance compulsory.
- Sec. 14.30.020. Violations.
- Sec. 14.30.030. Prevention and reduction of truancy. Repealed
- Sec. 14.30.045. Grounds for suspension or denial of admission.
- Sec. 14.30.047. Admission or readmission when cause no longer exists. Repealed
- Sec. 14.30.065. Supervision.
- Sec. 14.30.070. Physical examination required. Repealed
- Sec. 14.30.075. Physical examinations for teachers. Repealed
- Sec. 14.30.120. Certificate of physical examination. [Repealed, § 25 ch 2 SLA 2015.] . Repealed
- Sec. 14.30.125. Immunization.
- Sec. 14.30.141. Self-administration and documentation of medication.
- Sec. 14.30.143. Concussions in student athletes: school district immunity. Repealed
- Sec. 14.30.171. Prohibited actions.
- Sec. 14.30.174. Compliance with federal education law.
- Sec. 14.30.176. List of community resources.
- Sec. 14.30.179. Definition.
- Sec. 14.30.186. Coverage; regulations. Repealed
- Sec. 14.30.191. Educational evaluation and placement.
- Sec. 14.30.193. Due process hearing.
- Sec. 14.30.231. Advisory panel.
- Sec. 14.30.235. Withdrawal of consent. Repealed
- Sec. 14.30.250. Teacher qualifications.
- Sec. 14.30.255. Administrator qualifications. Repealed
- Sec. 14.30.270. Substitutes.
- Sec. 14.30.272. Procedural safeguards.
- Sec. 14.30.274. Identification of children with disabilities.
- Sec. 14.30.276. Least restrictive environment.
- Sec. 14.30.278. Individualized education program; transition services. Repealed
- Sec. 14.30.285. Transfers of children with disabilities. Repealed
- Sec. 14.30.305. State support of programs for children hospitalized or confined to their homes. Repealed
- Sec. 14.30.325. Surrogate parents. Repealed
- Sec. 14.30.335. Eligibility for federal funds.
- Sec. 14.30.340. Provision of special education in a private school, home, or hospital setting. Repealed
- Sec. 14.30.347. Transportation of children with disabilities.
- Sec. 14.30.350. Definitions.
- Sec. 14.30.352. Programs for gifted children.
- Sec. 14.30.355. Sexual abuse and sexual assault awareness and prevention .
- Sec. 14.30.360. Health education curriculum; physical activity guidelines.
- Sec. 14.30.362. Suicide awareness and prevention training.
- Sec. 14.30.365. Interscholastic activities; eligibility.
- Sec. 14.30.370. Evaluation. Repealed
- Sec. 14.30.380. Environmental education.
- Sec. 14.30.400. Bilingual-bicultural education.
- Sec. 14.30.410. Bilingual-bicultural education funds. Repealed
- Sec. 14.30.420. Native language education.
- Sec. 14.30.500. Adventure-based education program. Repealed
- Sec. 14.30.600. Agency established.
- Sec. 14.30.610. Governing board.
- Sec. 14.30.620. Employees.
- Sec. 14.30.630. Powers and duties.
- Sec. 14.30.640. Eligibility for service.
- Sec. 14.30.650. Funding.
- Sec. 14.30.660. Definition.
- Sec. 14.30.700. Records of missing children.
- Sec. 14.30.710. Required records upon transfer.
- Sec. 14.30.720. Definitions. Repealed
- Sec. 14.30.745. Provision of student information to academy. Repealed