Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 30. Pupils and Educational Programs For Pupils
- Section 70. Physical Examination Required.
previous: Section 65
next: Section 80
. - 14.30.110l Exclusion From Attendance; Vaccinations; Supervision and Expenditures For Physical Examinations; Exemptions From Examinations or Vaccinations. [Repealed, Sec. 59 Ch 98 SLA 1966].
AS 14.30.070. Physical Examination Required.
- (a) The governing body of each school district shall provide for and require a physical examination of every child
attending school in the district. The examination shall be made when the child enters school or, in areas where no
physician resides, as soon thereafter as is practicable, and thereafter at regular intervals considered advisable by
the governing body of the district. For purposes of this subsection, physical examinations, within the scope of
chiropractic practice, may be conducted by a chiropractor.
- (b) The Department of Health and Social Services may require the district to conduct additional physical examinations that
it considers necessary, and may reimburse the district for the additional examinations on the basis and to the extent
the commissioner of health and social services prescribes by regulation.
- (c) Examinations shall be made by a competent physician or, within the scope of chiropractic practice, by a chiropractor,
except that if the services of a physician or chiropractor cannot be obtained or if authorized by the commissioner of
health and social services examinations may be made by a nurse.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.