Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 25. Teachers' Retirement
- Section 488. Survivor's Pension Adjustment.
previous: Section 487
. Occupational Death Benefit.
next: Section 489
. Premiums for Retiree Major Medical Insurance Coverage Upon Termination of Disability Benefits or Survivor's Pension.
AS 14.25.488. Survivor's Pension Adjustment.
- (a) Once each year, the administrator shall increase payments to a person 60 years of age or older receiving a
survivor's pension under AS 14.25.485 (i) or 14.25.487 (c) and to a person who has received a survivor's pension under AS 14.25.485 (i) or 14.25.487 (c) for at least eight years, who is not otherwise eligible for
an increase under this section.
- (b) he amount of the increase is a percentage of the current survivor's pension equal to the lesser of 50 percent
of the increase in the cost of living in the preceding calendar year or six percent.
- (c) If a survivor was not receiving a pension during the entire preceding calendar year, the increase in the
survivor's pension under this section shall be adjusted by multiplying it by a fraction, the numerator of which is the number of months
for which the pension was received in the preceding calendar year and the denominator of which is 12.
- (d) The administrator shall increase the initial survivor's pension paid to a survivor of a member who died
while receiving disability benefits by a percentage equal to the total cumulative percentage that has been applied to the member's
disability benefit under AS 14.25.486 .
- (e) An increase in benefit payments under this section is effective July 1 of each year and is based on the
percentage increase in the Consumer Price Index for urban wage earners and clerical workers for Anchorage, Alaska, during the previous
calendar year, as determined by the United States Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- (f) Pension adjustments under this section shall terminate the last day of the month following the date on which
a survivor is no longer receiving a survivor's pension under AS 14.25.485 (i) or 14.25.487 (c).
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.