Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 25. Teachers' Retirement
- Section 320. Defined Contribution Retirement Plan Established.
previous: Section 310
. Applicability of AS 14.25.310 - 14.25.590.
next: Section 330
AS 14.25.320. Defined Contribution Retirement Plan Established.
- (a) A defined contribution retirement plan for teachers of the state is created.
- (b) The defined contribution retirement plan includes a plan in which savings are accumulated in an individual
account for the exclusive benefit of the member or beneficiaries. The plan is established effective July 1, 2006, at which time
contributions by employers and members begin.
- (c) The defined contribution retirement plan is intended to qualify under 26 U.S.C. 401(a), 414(d), and 414(k)
(Internal Revenue Code) as a qualified retirement plan established and maintained by the state for its employees and for the employees
of school districts and regional educational attendance areas in the state. Benefits under AS 14.25.480 are not provided by the defined contribution retirement plan.
- (d) An amendment to the defined contribution retirement plan does not provide a person with a vested right to
a benefit if the Internal Revenue Service determines that the amendment will result in disqualification of the plan under the Internal
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.