Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 25. Teachers' Retirement
- Section 150. Refund Upon Termination.
previous: Section 145
. Interest On Individual Accounts.
next: Section 153
. Rights Under Qualified Domestic Relations Order.
AS 14.25.150. Refund Upon Termination.
- (a) Except as provided in (b) of this section, a terminated member is entitled to a refund of the balance of the member
contribution account. A member is not entitled to a refund of supplemental contributions except as provided in AS 14.25.160
- (b) A member who is terminated and is a vested member, deferred vested member, or who is entitled to benefits under AS 14.25.125
, and who is married at the time of application for a refund or whose rights to a refund are subject to a qualified
domestic relations order is entitled to receive a refund of the balance of the member contribution account only if the
member's present spouse and each person entitled under the order consent to the refund in writing on a form provided by
the administrator. The administrator may waive written consent from the person entitled under the order if the
administrator determines that the person cannot be located or for other reasons established by regulation. The
administrator may waive written consent from the spouse if the administrator determines that
- (1) the member was not married to the spouse during any period of the member's employment with an employer;
- (2) the spouse has no rights to benefits under AS 14.25.009 - 14.25.220 because of the terms of a qualified domestic relations order;
- (3) the spouse cannot be located;
- (4) the member and spouse have been married for less than two years and the member establishes that they are not
- (5) another reason established by regulation exists.
- (c) [Effective June 30, 2010]. A member who has received a refund of contributions in accordance with this
section forfeits corresponding credited service under AS 14.25.009 - 14.25.220.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.