Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 25. Teachers' Retirement
- Section 105. Credit For Service as An Employee of the Territory of Alaska.
previous: Section 100
. Credit For Service in the Armed Forces.
next: Section 107
. Credit For Alaska Bia Service.
AS 14.25.105. Credit For Service as An Employee of the Territory of Alaska.
- (a) A teacher who completes 15 years of membership service under AS 14.25.009 - 14.25.220 may elect to receive credited service for
employment rendered to the Territory of Alaska before January 3, 1959, regardless of the office, department, division
or agency of the territory in which employed. Credited service allowed under this section may not exceed five years.
- (b) A teacher may not be credited with service under this section if credit for service as an employee of the Territory of
Alaska was granted for the same period under AS 39.35 (public
employees' retirement system).
- (c) A teacher who elects to receive credited service under this section for service to the Territory of Alaska shall make
a retroactive contribution under this plan for the period of territorial employment following June 30, 1955.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.