Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 25. Teachers' Retirement
- Section 63. Payment of Indebtedness.
previous: Section 62
. Reinstatement Indebtedness.
next: Section 65
. Transmittal of Contributions; Claims Against Funds of an Employer.
AS 14.25.063. Payment of Indebtedness.
- (a) In AS 14.25.009 - 14.25.220, a member does not have to be reemployed under this plan in order to make indebtedness payments.
However, except as provided in (d) of this section, a former member must be reemployed under this plan in order to
make indebtedness payments. Payments apply first to accrued interest and then to principal.
- (b) Any outstanding indebtedness that exists at the time a member is appointed to retirement will necessitate an actuarial
adjustment to the benefits payable based on the member's corresponding service.
- (c) If, as a result of service credit claimed for which there is a corresponding indebtedness existing at retirement, the
member's retirement benefit is actuarially reduced and the resulting benefit is less than it would have been if the
service credit had not been claimed, the retirement benefit shall be equal to the amount it would have been had the
service credit never been claimed.
- (d) A former member who received a total refund of the member's contribution account balance because of a levy under AS 09.38.065
or a federal tax levy may make indebtedness payments under this section.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.