Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 25. Teachers' Retirement
- Section 61. Retroactive Indebtedness.
previous: Section 60
. Arrearage Indebtedness.
next: Section 62
. Reinstatement Indebtedness.
AS 14.25.061. Retroactive Indebtedness.
- (a) A member who was not subject to the provisions of AS 14.25.009 - 14.25.220, but who becomes subject to them because of a
legislative change, may elect to receive credit for retroactive membership service by contributing to the plan an
amount equal to the contributions the member would have made had the member been subject to the provisions of AS 14.25.009 - 14.25.220 for those years of retroactive service after June 30, 1955. Retroactive contributions are not required for
retroactive membership service before July 1, 1955. Compound interest at the rate prescribed by regulation shall be
added to the retroactive indebtedness from July 1, 1966, or the time of first becoming eligible under AS 14.25.009 - 14.25.220,
whichever is later, to the date of payment or the date of retirement, whichever occurs first.
- (b) If retroactive indebtedness contributions have been made for retroactive service before July 1, 1955, the member is
entitled to a refund of those retroactive membership indebtedness contributions.
- (c) A refund of retroactive indebtedness contributions for retroactive service before July 1, 1955 is not subject to the
repayment provision of AS 14.25.062
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.