Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 14. Local Administration of Schools
- Section 300. Appointment to District Committees or Other Advisory Bodies.
previous: Section 290
next: Section 310
AS 14.14.300. Appointment to District Committees or Other Advisory Bodies.
- (a) Notwithstanding AS 39.05.100
or a provision of law relating to age, the board may appoint any 17-21 year old district resident to a district
committee or advisory body if recommended by the youth involvement committee.
- (b) A young person recommended by the committee may be appointed to district committees or advisory bodies with special
qualifications for membership if the proposed nominee meets the required qualifications set by law, except for age.
- (c) An individual appointed to a district committee or advisory body under this section is entitled to the rights,
privileges, and responsibilities of other members, and the appointment is subject to confirmation by the board when
required by law. An additional seat on a district committee or advisory body is not created by virtue of AS 14.14.250 - 14.14.310.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.