Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 14. Local Administration of Schools
- Section 280. Functions of the Committee.
previous: Section 270
. Compensation and Per Diem.
next: Section 290
AS 14.14.280. Functions of the Committee.
- (a) The committee shall establish procedures to enable it to recommend annually to the board a group of promising young
men and women from whom the board may select interns and youth voting members of district committees or other advisory
bodies. The committee, in establishing these procedures, shall enlist the aid of district residents who are actively
interested in working with young people. Following adoption of the procedures, the committee shall accept applications
from individuals and nominations for consideration, and shall interview all applicants or nominees.
- (b) Recommendations of the committee shall be limited to young people who
- (1) have a capacity, desire, interest, ability, and potential for leadership and service to the community and to the
- (2) will have attained the age of 17 but not the age of 22 before the beginning of their service.
- (c) Annually, the committee shall evaluate the program and shall submit a written report to the board.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.