Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 9. Transportation of Pupils
- Section 25. Drug Testing For School Bus Drivers.
previous: Section 20
. Transportation For Nonpublic School Students.
next: Section 30
. School Buses.
AS 14.09.025. Drug Testing For School Bus Drivers.
- (a) A school district or regional educational attendance area that provides for the transportation of pupils shall require
that the drivers of motor vehicles used to transport pupils submit to testing for the use of drugs and alcohol. The
testing program must include random testing. A driver who tests positive for the improper use of drugs or alcohol may
be disciplined, including termination from employment.
- (b) For a driver who is not required to have a commercial driver's license, an employer
- (1) shall keep and maintain records of the testing for improper use of drugs or alcohol on a confidential basis and may
only release the results with the written consent of the employee; and
- (2) may not retain false positive test results in the employee's employment records and may not release information about
a false positive test without the written consent of the employee.
- (c) The department shall adopt regulations to implement this section. The regulations must include a provision for a
hearing before discipline is imposed.
- (d) In this section, "improper use of drugs or alcohol" means use that constitutes a criminal offense and use that
violates regulations adopted by the department under this section.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.