Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 8. Education in the Unorganized Borough
- Section 45. Vacancies.
previous: Section 41
. Regional School Boards.
next: Section 50
. [Repealed, Sec. 1 Ch 124 SLA 1975].
AS 14.08.045. Vacancies.
- (a) The regional school board shall declare a regional school board seat vacant when the person elected
- (1) fails to qualify within 30 days of certification of the election;
- (2) notifies the school board in writing of the person's refusal to take office;
- (3) resigns and the resignation is accepted by the school board;
- (4) is convicted of a felony involving moral turpitude or of an offense involving a violation of the oath of office while
serving as a school board member; or
- (5) no longer physically resides within the boundaries of the regional educational attendance area, or if the regional
educational attendance area has been divided into sections, within the section from which the person was elected, and
the school board by a two-thirds vote, declares the seat vacant.
- (b) A vacancy on a regional school board shall be filled under AS 14.12.070.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.