Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 7. Administration of Public Schools
- Section 165. Duties.
previous: Section 160
next: Section 170
. Additional Powers and Duties of Board.
AS 14.07.165. Duties.
The board shall adopt
- (1) statewide goals and require each governing body to adopt written goals that are consistent with local needs;
- (2) regulations regarding the application for and award of grants under AS 14.03.125
- (3) regulations implementing provisions of AS 14.11.014
- (4) regulations requiring approval by the board before a charter school, state boarding school, or a public school may
provide domiciliary services;
- (5) regulations implementing the secondary school student competency examination provisions of AS 14.03.075
, including the criteria and procedure under which a governing body uses a waiver to grant a diploma to a student;
criteria regarding granting a waiver must include provisions that a waiver may only be granted for students who enter
the system late or have rare or unusual circumstances meriting a waiver.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.