Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 3. Public Schools Generally
- Section 126. Public School Performance Incentive Program.
previous: Section 125
. Fund For the Improvement of School Performance.
next: Section 130
. Display of Flags and Pledge of Allegiance.
AS 14.03.126. Public School Performance Incentive Program.
- (a) The department shall establish by regulation a program that provides, subject to appropriation, for an
annual school performance incentive payment by the department to personnel employed at public schools at which students have
demonstrated significant improvement in performance on statewide assessments, as determined by the department. The department shall
set the amount of the school performance incentive payment, not to exceed $5,500 for each certificated employee and $2,500 for each
noncertificated employee. Notwithstanding any other provision of law, a school performance incentive payment under this section may
not be included in the calculation of benefits for purposes of AS 14.25 or AS 39.35.
- (b) The department shall establish a procedure by regulation for a school performance incentive payment by the
department to personnel employed at the central office of a school district in which at least one school has met the requirements for
distribution of a school performance incentive payment to employees of the school. The amount paid under this subsection may not exceed
five percent of the total paid to all employees at all schools eligible under this section for the school performance incentive payment
in the district. A payment under this subsection
- (1) may be made only to an employee who the department, in consultation with the chief school administrator of
the district, determines has substantially contributed to the improvement in achievement at the schools in the district that meet the
requirements for the school performance incentive payment; and
- (2) may not exceed the highest school performance incentive payment paid to a certificated teacher in the district.
- (c) A school district may not consider school performance incentive payments when determining salaries for
school personnel. Neither a school district nor the Professional Teaching Practices Commission may consider the receipt or nonreceipt
of a school performance incentive payment by a school employee when evaluating, promoting, or disciplining the employee.
- (d) Notwithstanding (a) of this section, the department may not distribute a school performance incentive
payment to more than 850 certificated employees annually. The limitation of this subsection does not apply to payments made under (a)
or (b) of this section to noncertificated employees or school district central office personnel. The department shall include the
limitation of this subsection in regulations adopted under this section.
- (e) In this section,
- (1) In this section,
(1) "school district" means a borough school district, a city school district, a regional educational attendance area, or a state
- (2) "school performance incentive payment" means a payment under the program established under this section.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.