Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 46. Alaska Uniform Transfers to Minors Act
- Section 210. Effect On Existing Custodianships.
previous: Section 200
next: Section 220
. Uniformity of Application and Construction.
AS 13.46.210. Effect On Existing Custodianships.
- (a) A transfer of custodial property as defined in this chapter made before January 1, 1991, is validated notwithstanding
that there was not specific authority in the Alaska Uniform Gifts to Minors Act for the coverage of custodial property
of that kind or for a transfer from that source at the time the transfer was made.
- (b) This chapter applies to all transfers that were made before January 1, 1991, and that were made in a manner and form
prescribed in the Alaska Uniform Gifts to Minors Act, except insofar as the application impairs constitutionally vested
rights or extends the duration of custodianships in existence on January 1, 1991.
- (c) AS 13.46.190
, 13.46.195, and 13.46.990, with respect to the age of a minor for whom
custodial property is held under this chapter, do not apply to custodial property held in a custodianship that
terminated because of the minor's attainment of the age of
- (1) 19 after June 12, 1967, and before September 17, 1980; or
- (2) 18 after September 16, 1980, and before January 1, 1991.
- (d) To the extent that this chapter, by virtue of (b) of this section, does not apply to transfers made in a manner
prescribed under former AS 45.60 (Alaska Uniform Gifts to Minors
Act) or to the powers, duties, and immunities conferred by transfers in that manner upon custodians and persons dealing
with custodians, the repeal of AS 45.60 (Alaska Uniform Gifts to
Minors Act) does not affect those transfers or those powers, duties, and immunities.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.