Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 38. Principal and Income of Trusts
- Section 840. Transfers From Income to Reimburse Principal.
previous: Section 830
. Transfers From Income to Principal For Depreciation.
next: Section 850
. Income Taxes.
AS 13.38.840. Transfers From Income to Reimburse Principal.
- (a) A trustee may transfer an appropriate amount from income to principal in one or more accounting periods to reimburse
principal or to provide a reserve for future disbursements if the trustee makes or expects to make a disbursement from
principal that is allocable to income under AS 13.38.800
or 13.38.820 and that is paid from principal because
it is unusually large, or is made to prepare property for rental, including tenant allowances, leasehold improvements,
and broker's commissions.
- (b) If the asset whose ownership gives rise to the disbursements becomes subject to a successive income interest after an
income interest ends, a trustee may continue to transfer amounts from income to principal as provided in (a) of this
- (c) This section does not apply to the extent the trustee has been or expects to be reimbursed by a third party.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.