Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 38. Principal and Income of Trusts
- Section 650. Obligation to Pay Money.
previous: Section 640
. Rental Property.
next: Section 660
. Insurance Policies and Similar Contracts.
AS 13.38.650. Obligation to Pay Money.
- (a) An amount received as interest, whether determined at a fixed, variable, or floating rate, on an obligation to pay
money to the trustee, including an amount received as consideration for prepaying principal, shall be allocated to
income without any provision for amortization of premium.
- (b) A trustee shall allocate to principal an amount received from the sale, redemption, or other disposition of an
obligation to pay money to the trustee more than one year after it is purchased or acquired by the trustee, including
an obligation if the purchase price or value of the obligation when it is acquired is less than its value at maturity.
If the obligation matures within one year after it is purchased or acquired by the trustee, an amount received in
excess of its purchase price or its value when acquired by the trust shall be allocated to income.
- (c) This section does not apply to an obligation to which AS 13.38.690, 13.38.700, 13.38.710, 13.38.720, 13.38.730, 13.38.740, or 13.38.750 applies.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.