Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 38. Principal and Income of Trusts
- Section 310. Judicially Approved Conversion.
previous: Section 300
. Power to Convert to Unitrust.
next: Section 320
. Factors to Be Considered.
AS 13.38.310. Judicially Approved Conversion.
- (a) A trustee may petition the court to approve the conversion to a unitrust if
- (1) a beneficiary timely objects to the conversion to a unitrust; or
- (2) there is not a sui juris beneficiary who is eligible under AS 13.38.300(2)(A), and there is not a sui juris beneficiary
who is eligible under AS 13.38.300
(2)(B) or (C).
- (b) A beneficiary may request a trustee to convert to a unitrust. If the trustee does not convert, the beneficiary may
petition the superior court to order the conversion.
- (c) The superior court shall approve the conversion or direct the requested conversion if the court concludes that the
conversion will enable the trustee to better carry out the intent of the settlor or testator and the purposes of the
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.