Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 36. Trust Administration
- Section 355. Construction of Trust to Achieve Settlor's Tax Objectives.
previous: Section 350
. Reformation to Correct Mistakes in Irrevocable Trusts.
next: Section 360
. Modification or Termination of Irrevocable Trust By Consent.
AS 13.36.355. Construction of Trust to Achieve Settlor's Tax Objectives.
- (a) The terms of a trust shall be construed to achieve the settlor's tax objectives.
- (b) On petition by a trustee, settlor, or beneficiary, a court may modify the terms of an irrevocable trust to achieve the
settlor's tax objectives in a manner that does not violate the settlor's probable intent. The court may order that the
modification operate retroactively.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.