Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 36. Trust Administration
- Section 345. Modification or Termination of Irrevocable Trusts Because of Unanticipated Circumstances.
previous: Section 340
. Modification and Revocation of Revocable Trusts.
next: Section 350
. Reformation to Correct Mistakes in Irrevocable Trusts.
AS 13.36.345. Modification or Termination of Irrevocable Trusts Because of Unanticipated Circumstances.
- (a) On petition by a trustee, settlor, or beneficiary, a court may modify the administrative or dispositive terms of an
irrevocable trust or terminate an irrevocable trust if, because of circumstances not anticipated by the settlor,
modification or termination would substantially further the settlor's purposes in creating the trust.
- (b) Upon termination of a trust under this section, the trust property shall be distributed in accordance with the
settlor's probable intention.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.