Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 36. Trust Administration
- Section 320. Nonqualified Persons Serving as Trustees.
previous: Section 310
. Challenges to Trusts.
next: Section 330
. Penalty Clause.
AS 13.36.320. Nonqualified Persons Serving as Trustees.
- (a) If at least one qualified person serves as trustee of a trust whose state jurisdiction provision is valid, effective,
and conclusive under AS 13.36.035
(c), then the following persons also may serve as trustees even though they are not qualified persons:
- (1) individuals who do not reside in the state;
- (2) trust companies that have their principal place of business outside the state and that are not organized under AS 06.26; and
- (3) banks that have their principal place of business outside the state or that are not organized under AS 06.05.
- (b) Notwithstanding other provisions of law to the contrary, a trustee who is not a qualified person is not considered to
be engaging in business in this state solely by reason of serving as trustee of a trust whose state jurisdiction
provision is valid, effective, and conclusive under AS 13.36.035
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.