Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 33. Nonprobate Transfers
- Section 211. Ownership During Lifetime.
previous: Section 206
next: Section 212
. Rights at Death.
AS 13.33.211. Ownership During Lifetime.
- (a) During the lifetime of all parties, an account belongs to the parties in proportion to the net contribution of each to
the sums on deposit, unless there is clear and convincing evidence of a different intent. As between parties married to
each other, in the absence of proof otherwise, the net contribution of each is presumed to be an equal amount.
- (b) A beneficiary in an account having a POD designation does not have a right to sums on deposit during the lifetime of
- (c) An agent in an account with an agency designation does not have a beneficial right to sums on deposit.
- (d) In this section, "net contribution" of a party means the sum of all deposits to an account made by or for the party,
less all payments from the account made to or for the party that have not been paid to or applied to the use of another
party and a proportionate share of any charges deducted from the account, plus a proportionate share of any interest or
dividends earned, whether or not included in the current balance. The term includes deposit life insurance proceeds
added to the account by reason of death of the party whose net contribution is in question.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.