Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 26. Protection of Persons Under Disability and Their Property; Powers of Attorney
- Section 410. Allocation of Costs of Public Guardian.
previous: Section 400
. Staff; Delegation of Powers and Duties.
next: Chapter 30
. Administration and Settlement of Estates
AS 13.26.410. Allocation of Costs of Public Guardian.
- (a) The commissioner of administration may establish by regulation a schedule of reasonable fees for the costs of the
public guardian's services. The fee schedule established may be based upon the ability of the ward or protected person
to pay for guardian services but may not exceed the actual cost of providing public guardian services. The office of
public advocacy shall charge and collect the fees established under this subsection, but may waive collection of a fee
upon a finding that collection is not economically feasible or in the public interest.
- (b) [Repealed, Sec. 79 ch 63 SLA 1993].
- (c) The public guardian may investigate the financial status of (1) a person who requests the appointment of the public
guardian as the person's guardian or conservator; and (2) a ward for whom a court has appointed the public guardian.
- (d) The public guardian may require a person described in (c) of this section to execute and deliver written requests or
authorizations necessary under law to provide the public guardian with access to records of public or private sources,
otherwise confidential, needed to evaluate the person's financial eligibility. The public guardian may, upon request
and without payment of fees otherwise required by law, obtain information from any office of the state or of a
political subdivision or agency of the state that possesses public records.
- (e) The reasonable value of the services rendered without cost to the ward or protected person shall be allowed as a claim
against the estate upon the death of the ward or protected person.
- (f) The annual estimated balance in the account maintained under AS 37.05.142 may be used by the legislature to make
appropriations to the Department of Administration to carry out the purposes of AS 44.21.400
- 44.21.410 (office of public advocacy).
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.