Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 26. Protection of Persons Under Disability and Their Property; Powers of Attorney
- Section 215. Bond.
previous: Section 210
. Who May Be Appointed Conservator; Priorities.
next: Section 220
. Terms and Requirements of Bonds.
AS 13.26.215. Bond.
- (a) The court may require a conservator to furnish a bond conditioned upon faithful discharge of all duties of the trust
according to law, with sureties as it shall specify. Unless otherwise directed, the bond shall be in the amount of the
aggregate capital value of the property of the estate in the conservator's control plus one year's estimated income
minus the value of securities deposited under arrangements requiring an order of the court for their removal and the
value of any land which the fiduciary, by express limitation of power, lacks power to sell or convey without court
authorization. The court in place of sureties on a bond, may accept other security for the performance of the bond,
including a pledge of securities or a mortgage of land.
- (b) If the public guardian is appointed as a conservator, the court may not require a bond under this section.
- (c) If the court requires a conservator to provide a bond under this section and the conservator is financially unable to
provide the bond, the court may order the cost of the bond to be paid from court funds.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.