Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 26. Protection of Persons Under Disability and Their Property; Powers of Attorney
- Section 180. Original Petition For Appointment or Protective Order.
previous: Section 175
next: Section 185
AS 13.26.180. Original Petition For Appointment or Protective Order.
- (a) The person to be protected, any person who is interested in the estate, affairs or welfare of the person to be
protected, including a parent, guardian, or custodian, or any person who would be adversely affected by lack of
effective management of the property and affairs of the person to be protected, may petition for the appointment of a
conservator or for other appropriate protective order.
- (b) The petition shall set out to the extent known, the interest of the petitioner; the name, age, residence and address
of the person to be protected; the name and address of the person's guardian, if any; the name and address of the
person's nearest relative known to the petitioner; a general statement of the person's property with an estimate of its
value, including any compensation, insurance, pension or allowance to which the person is entitled; and the reason why
appointment of a conservator or other protective order is necessary. If the appointment of a conservator is requested,
the petition also shall set out the name and address of the person whose appointment is sought and the basis of
priority for appointment.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.