Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 26. Protection of Persons Under Disability and Their Property; Powers of Attorney
- Section 131. Costs in Guardianship Proceedings.
previous: Section 130
. Visitor in Guardianship Proceeding. [Repealed, Sec. 21 Ch 83 SLA 1981. For Current Law See AS 13.26.106
next: Section 135
. Notices in Guardianship Proceedings.
AS 13.26.131. Costs in Guardianship Proceedings.
- (a) Subject to (d) of this section, the state shall bear the costs of the visitor and expert appointed under AS 13.26.106
- (b) Subject to (c) and (d) of this section, the respondent shall bear the costs of the attorney appointed under AS 13.26.106
(b), of the expert appointed under AS 13.26.109
(d), of the guardian ad litem appointed under AS 13.26.025
, and of other court and guardianship costs incurred under this chapter.
- (c) The state shall pay all or part of the costs described in (b) of this section if the court finds that the payment is
necessary to prevent the respondent from suffering financial hardship or from becoming dependent upon a government
agency or a private person or agency.
- (d) The court may require the petitioner to pay all or some of the costs described in (a) and (b) of this section if the
court finds that the petitioner initiated a proceeding under this chapter that was malicious, frivolous, or without
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.