Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 26. Protection of Persons Under Disability and Their Property; Powers of Attorney
- Section 107. Notice of Rights of Respondent.
previous: Section 106
. Initial Court Procedures.
next: Section 108
. Visitor's Report.
AS 13.26.107. Notice of Rights of Respondent.
- (a) Upon appointment, the visitor shall promptly
- (1) explain to the respondent, in a language or communication system the respondent can understand, the purpose of the
interview and possible consequences of the proceedings;
- (2) serve a copy of the petition on the respondent in accordance with the procedure described in AS 13.06.110
- (3) explain and provide to the respondent a written statement of the following rights:
- (A) the respondent may communicate with an attorney or an expert in the field of the alleged incapacity before proceeding
with the interview;
- (B) if the respondent does not have an attorney, an attorney, whose name, address, and telephone number shall be included
in the statement, will be designated to advise and represent the respondent before and at any judicial hearings, and
the attorney may arrange for an examination and consultation with an expert; and
- (C) the respondent may, instead, employ an attorney or expert of the respondent's own choice; and
- (4) offer assistance to the respondent in contacting an attorney.
- (b) A substantive interview of the respondent or other investigation may not be conducted until the provisions of (a) of
this section are satisfied.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.