Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 26. Protection of Persons Under Disability and Their Property; Powers of Attorney
- Section 13. Court Records of Proceedings; Access; Sealing.
previous: Section 10
. Jurisdiction of Subject Matter; Consolidation of Proceedings.
next: Section 15
. Facility of Payment or Delivery.
AS 13.26.013. Court Records of Proceedings; Access; Sealing.
- (a) A notice of the filing of a petition, a summary of all formal proceedings, and a dispositional order or modification
or termination of a dispositional order relating to a proceeding under this chapter shall be available for public
inspection. All other information contained in the court records relating to a proceeding under this chapter is
confidential and available only upon court order for good cause shown or to the following persons:
- (1) the person who is the subject of the court record, the person's attorney, or the person's guardian ad litem;
- (2) a person designated by the person who is the subject of the court record;
- (3) the guardian of the person who is the subject of the court record or the attorney of the guardian;
- (4) the conservator of the estate of the person who is the subject of the court record or the attorney of the conservator;
- (5) a party to the proceeding and the person's attorney;
- (6) the judge or judges hearing or reviewing the matter;
- (7) a member of the clerical or administrative staff of the court if access is essential for authorized internal
administrative purposes; and
- (8) the department when a private professional guardian or a private professional conservator is involved in the
- (b) Upon finding that a petition under this chapter was malicious, frivolous, or without just cause, the court may order
that all information contained in the court records relating to the proceeding be sealed and that the information be
disclosed only upon court order for good cause shown.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.